In the coming weeks, we will be sending out our thoughts on the CARES Act. In the meantime, the following video is a quick overview:
Additionally, here’s a simple breakdown:
- $510 billion – Loans to distressed businesses, cities and states.
- $29 billion for airlines
- $17 billion for firms deemed important for national security
- $454 billion as backstop for loans to other businesses, cities and states
- $290 billion – One-time stimulus checks amounting to $1,200 per adult and $500 per child up to certain income limits
- $260 billion – Expanded and extended unemployment benefits (including contractors), adding $600 per week for 4 months
- $377 billion – Small business relief, largely in the form of “forgivable loans” for spending on payroll, rent and utilities
- $150 billion – Direct aid to state and municipal governments
- $180 billion – Health-related spending and public services
- $516 billion – Other spending and tax breaks
We hope that everyone is staying safe and healthy! In an effort to do our part to socially distance ourselves from one another, the WJ Team is working hard at our home offices:
Jared steering the remote ship from home.
Alisha filtering through trades.
Ashley and her happy work buddy cheesing for the selfie.
Brandon with his better half and their dueling computer screens.
Estella letting her little light shine through.
Farrah and her focused desk mate getting ready to have a marketing competition.
Jordan intently running probabilities of success.
Jonathan multitasking while learning his shapes and letters again.